Stroke Life Center's Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering. We have a need for the following positions:
1) Administrative Person - answer phones, filing
2) Group Facilitator ( Speech Pathologist or speech therapy students) - for communication groups - special consideration for aphasia.
3) Fundraising and Events Facilitator- creates events
4) Activities Person (Health Care Professional, OT, PT, Nurse or Social Worker) - to conduct game groups, hand-strengthening, cognitive and motor skills, memory and concentration, problem-solving.
5) Fitness Group Leader ( Personal Trainer, PT) - Engaging in physical fitness session dealing with exercise equipment with documenting accomplishments; deals with balance, coordination, strength, aerobic work; taking blood pressure before and after workouts.
6) Janitorial Help - empty trash, wipe down tables, sweeping, general clean-up.
7) Art and or Music Therapy (Artists, Musicians or Art, Music Students)
If you have a talent or idea regarding additional offerings, we would love to hear from you.